We’re already a month into 2016, and it’s a great year so far! I don’t do new year resolutions, but I do have a few goals and projects for 2016. The new year is a great time to organize and plan for the future.
I’ve been spending my time on things other than this blog, but I hope to get more posts up soon. We’ve done lots of projects around the house that I never blogged about, so I plan on getting those updates on here soon.
Gavin is doing great! Our little man loves being outside, so hopefully we can spend lots of times playing and exploring this year. Lately, we’ve had a few pretty days that haven’t been too cold, so we’ve got to be outside more. We were taking a Baby & Me swim class, but decided to stop going for a while. Gavin really enjoys the water, so we’ll probably take more swim classes this summer.
Sorry I haven’t posted anything this month. I’ve been in the mood to get other things accomplished lately, and haven’t felt like writing. So, here’s some of the things I’ve done in the last few weeks:
1. Took down the Christmas decorations, cleaned and redecorated the house
2. Cleaned out the closets, dresser, and nightstands – got together three bags of clothes to donate, one bag to resell, and one bag to trash
3. Took a load of stuff from the garage to the recycle center and donation center
4. Cleaned up the computer and backed up my photos and documents
5. Created a photo book of our adventures in 2013. I haven’t had it printed yet… waiting on a sale for photo book printing
6. Cleaned out our files, shredded old documents, and gathered everything from last year needed for taxes
7. Updated our home organization binder
8. Made a list of recipes I want to try – gathered from magazines, cookbooks, and Pinterest. My goal is to try one new recipe a week
9. Cleaned out the gardens
Still have a few more items to cross off my to-do list, but feel like I’ve been getting a lot done. I hope to start posting regularly soon.
We got a few projects done around the house
– new fence and gates
– painted a room
– new furniture
– started a garden
We did quite a bit of traveling:
– Fredericksburg, TX in February
– Antigua in May
– New Zealand in June/July
– Hot Springs, AR in November
– Caribbean Cruise (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico) in December
We got to spend lots of time with family and friends.
I’ve wanted to have a blog for a long time, and here it is! Yay! My wonderful husband got this site set up and gave it to me as a birthday gift. So, now I’m trying to learn my way around and figure out how to do it.
A bit about me… My name is Darinda, I’m recently married (May 2012), I live in East Texas, I belong to a beautiful chocolate lab named Belle, and I have numerous interests. I was born and raised in The South (Louisiana) and love all things southern. My education is in science (BS and MS in environmental science), and I like to keep up with current environmental topics and research. I’m not currently employed, so I’m getting the chance to enjoy being a housewife and do all the things that I never seemed to have time for when I was working.
I’ve enjoyed reading blogs by others and have often thought it would be fun to write about the things that interest me. I will be posting about various topics, including home brewing, gardening, DIY projects, and family. In time, I hope to have a site where I enjoy blogging and others enjoy visiting.