Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means I may receive a very small commission, at no cost to you, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. For more information, click here.
The breakfast room is located off the kitchen, and is where we eat most of our meals. This room gets lots of use, and has a great view of our backyard.
The walls were originally painted off-white with off-white trim, crown molding, and wainscoting. I painted the walls dark gray using Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Dark Granite (Behr – 780F-6) and the ceiling a very light gray using Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Full Moon (Behr – 780E-2). The trim, crown molding, and wainscoting were painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra satin Ultra Pure White.
Other improvements were:
– Replaced the return air vent grille.
– Placed an LED light bulb in the light fixture.(affiliate link)
– Replaced the thermostat.(affiliate link)
– Bought new furniture for this room – table, chairs, server, and hutch.
– Had new flooring installed. We chose Mirasol ML70 – Bianco Carrara, a white porcelain tile that looks like marble. We went with the 12″ x 24″ tiles in a brick pattern.
We hired an electrician to update the electrical work in our house. For this room, that was:
– Replaced the wall outlets with white decorator outlets and wall plates.
– Replaced the toggle light switches with white decorator rocker switches and wall plate.
– Replaced the cable outlet with a white decorator coax and wall plate.
– Replaced the phone jack with a white decorator jack and wall plate.
– Replaced the doorbell chime. (affiliate link) I painted the wood cover with Behr Premium Plus Ultra satin Ultra Pure White to match the trim.
I love the open space we have in the kitchen and breakfast room area. The new windows look great, and we can enjoy the view of our beautiful yard.